When Pilates Intel was just an idea in my little head, I knew that the first step was to build a web site. Having a deep technical background but no experience with web design, I was very pleased with the little something that I hammered together – it was enough to debut my little Pilates newsletter.
Happily, Pilates Intel has grown and become established in the Pilates community. And soon, that little website that filled me with pride, became insufficient for my needs. But alas, my competence and knowledge were too little to make something that would fit.
Enter Anastasiya Goers…..
Anastasiya and I became inevitable acquainted as we both endeavor to publish a Pilates newsletter. She reached out to me about an interview for her website PilatesBridge.com (you can read it here.) Anastasiya struck me immediately as a kind, energetic and intelligent person. She had the great mix of street smart, business sense and a sincere wish to produce quality that attracted me immediately, and made me want to work with her.
Anastasiya came up with some ideas for how to change my website so that it would more match the endeavor I pursued. It was not just that she clearly had great ideas that I would never have come up with myself… it was also that she had the technical ability to execute her vision to bring about a web site that was attractive and intuitive, as well as mobile friendly.
Anastasiya delivered beyond my expectations. She took my wishes of wanting a dynamic looking website that transmitted a sense of quality, mixed them with her talent for visual design, and executed in very little time a website that I am now very proud to show and direct people to.
However, in the end it is numbers that count. Within days of launch, the subscription rate of my site increased drastically (113% increase!)
Are you unhappy with your website? Are you unsure that your web designer understands what you are aiming for? Do you need a little extra push to get people to interact with you?
Then, with full sincerity and confidence can I recommend that you engage Anastasiya to professionally guide you to a more modern website with a visual impact that you will be pleased to say is a home for your business.
Here are the Before and After changes with comments by Anastasiya.
- The feeling. The website should immediately show the visitor what your website is about and engage them for the next step. If they resonate with the feeling that your website translates (professional, dynamic, highly skilled, Pilates as in Brett’s case) then they will give you a bit more time to check you out.
- Intelligent colors. For PilatesIntel I have used a blue color-scheme (blue color is associated with intelligence, professionalism, stability and unity. Blue conveys a subtle connotation of importance and confidence, it also evokes feelings of trust and calmness.)
- Easy-on-the-eyes fonts. Fonts were strategically chosen for PilatesIntel to make articles easy to read while still giving the website a modern look.
Calls to Action
PilatesIntel is an inbox magazine so my goal as a designer was to make newsletter subscriptions as prominent as possible without making the website look tacky. Every page of the website now has 3 Calls to Action that fit organically into the layout.
Mobile Friendly Layout
- In 2014 mobile traffic has accounted for over 55% of the time spent online so if your website is not mobile-friendly then you automatically lose about half of your visitors.
- Even more, Google has recently announced that they will use “mobile-friendliness” as a major factor in search rankings. Whether your website will or will not show up on the first page of Google search results will depend on how responsive it is.
What is “mobile-friendly” or “responsive” design?
As you can see in the before/after screenshots above, the old PilatesIntel looked the same on desktop and mobile devices. If somebody visited PilatesIntel before on their smartphone they saw a shrunk down version of the website that was close-to-impossible to read or navigate.
Now PilatesIntel is easy to read and navigate on any device, the website “responds” (hence the name “responsive”) to the size of any screen. The menu bar scrolls with the page to keep navigation simple and the Newsletter subscription (our main purpose, remember?) is still prominent on every page.
Did you see the cool shirts in the PilatesIntel Shop? You have to check them out (and hopefully order some for your next Pilates workout!) especially now that the shop looks great. Click here to find your favorite Pilates T-Shirt design.
Brett: Are you unhappy with your website? Are you unsure that your web designer understands what you are aiming for? Do you need a little extra push to get people to interact with you?
Then, with full sincerity and confidence can I recommend that you engage Anastasiya to professionally guide you to a more modern website with a visual impact that you will be pleased to say is a home for your business. You can contact Anastasiya here.